Monday, September 10, 2012

John William Waterhouse

 I cant remmemer when was the first time i saw a Waterhouse painting, i think it was more time then what i think, because when i think about it ive seen his work in a lot of places, books, movies, etc... and it wasnt till like 5 years ago when i knew his name, i saw his work and knew what artistic movement he was in, in art history class, but like i said 5 years ago i really got interested on him, and fell in love with his work.

Everything from the color palette, to the feemale bodys, the themes.. i think thats what attracted me more than anything from his work, the themes, most of them about myths, like nymphs, characters from myths or books. The first painting that caught my eye was a painting of Ophelia a character from Hamlet, i just adore everything from this painting, the expresion, colors, her posture floating on the water, its just so amazing for me.

I step upon more facinating paintings, an example of a nother painting i love is "Hylas and Nymphs", and plenty more.

Im thinking of searching a book of his work soon and adding it to my collection, hope i find it at a good price ;3.


No comments:

Post a Comment